The LabOr – Laboratory of Ornithology of the University of Évora is an integrated unit within MED – Mediterranean Institute for Agriculture, Environment and Development.
This institutional background induces LabOr to undertake scientific & educational actions and services regarding the birds of Portugal and the Mediterranean, in the areas of Ornithology and Conservation Biology.
Major goals of the LabOr include:
- R&TD projects and services
- Teaching and training activities conducted at the undergraduate and graduate levels (including master and doctoral thesis)
- Short plans carried out in 1st and 2nd Cycle Courses according to the Bologna Process
- Diffusion of scientific activities regarding the study of birds
- Production of educational outreach elements