The LabOr – Laboratory of Ornithology is included in the Ecosystem Functioning and Conservation Research Group of Mediterranean Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (ICAAM). This institutional background induces LabOr to undertake scientific & educational actions and services regarding the birds of Portugal and the Mediterranean, in the areas of Ornithology and Conservation Biology.
Major goals of the LabOr include:
- R&TD projects and services
- Teaching and training activities conducted at the undergraduate and graduate levels (including master and doctoral thesis)
- Short plans carried out in 1st and 2nd Cycle Courses according to the Bologna Process
- Diffusion of scientific activities regarding the study of birds
- Production of educational outreach elements
The LabOr is a Qualified Entity (qualification code: 1757) by the Ministry of Economics & Innovation on the scope of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF/QREN).
This qualification allows LabOr to offer its services of Research, Development and Innovation to the business fabric (SMEs) in the area of Sciences and Technologies of the Environment.